Phlebotomy and Injection Technique-22/23
Date & Time:
All qualified nurse and senior/experienced cares working in nursing residential Learning Disability and Mental Health Homes and senior/experienced carers in the START Team.
The aim of this course is to enable practitioners to develop skills in drawing up bloods for laboratory investigation, and administering injections such as Vitamin B12 and other intramuscular injections. You will also have been updated on the latest guidelines in managing anaphylaxis.
By the end of the training participants will have:
- Reviewed anatomy and physiology of hand veins and injection sites on the body.
- Legal and professional issues in performing invasive procedures
- Infection control related to giving an injection and in taking bloods.
- Understand the different techniques and equipment available for preparing and performing invasive procedures
- Discuss indications, contra-indications, and possible complications
- Documentation of the procedure and monitoring of the site
- Hands on practical sessions for venepuncture and injection technique on life-sized mannequins.
- Overview of anaphylaxis