Continuing Healthcare DST (Full day)-22/23
Date & Time:
This course is targeted to:
Any Local Authority, Acute Trust or Community Service practitioners; including the START team, Social inclusion team who are working with service user’s resident in Sutton
Please note: participants must have previously completed Sutton CCG’s Checklist half day training and have the competency certificate and number.
The aim of the course is to help practitioners to become familiar with the NHS Continuing Healthcare process and have developed the knowledge, skills, and confidence to identify the triggers for NHS Continuing Care and to complete the Decision Support Tool.
By the end of the course participants will have:
- Familiarised themselves with the principles and local processes of the National Framework (revised October 2018) and Practice Guidance for NHS Continuing Care and aligned processes
- Improved knowledge of the legal framework that health and social care practitioners work alongside in relation to NHS Continuing Healthcare
- Improved their skills to identify individuals who require a full assessment against Continuing healthcare guidelines (knowing the triggers for NHS Continuing healthcare)
- Improved their knowledge, skills, and confidence to complete the Decision Support Tool (DST) e.g., scoring of the 12 Domains
- Improved their knowledge, skills, and confidence to apply the primary health test of Nature, Complexity, Intensity and Unpredictability and make a recommendation for NHS Continuing Healthcare
- Improved their understanding on the NHS Funded Nursing Care contribution and the Fast Track application.
ADDITIONAL NOTES / SPECIAL INSTRUCTIONS
It is a pre-course requirement to have completed Sutton CCG’s Checklist training and have the competency certificate and number