Safeguarding adults making enquiries - S42 Care Act
Date & Time:
Adult Social Care Staff within the London Borough of Sutton workforce only, who are required to make enquiries into allegations or suspicions of abuse, where the “victim” is an adult at risk. e.g. Managers of Service, Social Workers, Occupational Therapists etc.
Staff Groups B, C and D as per Bournemouth University national Competency framework for Safeguarding Adults.
Note: This is not an awareness session and participants must already have a good understanding of safeguarding adults at risk before attending this course.
The aims of this course are:
- To inform staff on practice in relation to the investigation of abuse of adults at risk
- To update on current practice in safeguarding adults at risk
- To provide an opportunity to share concerns and good practice
By the end of the course attendees will have:
- Improved their understanding of LBS safeguarding adults policies and procedures
- Improved knowledge of their statutory safeguarding responsibilities
- Improved understanding of what Making Safeguarding Personal means
- Improved understanding of the implications of the Mental Capacity Act
- Developed skills to recognise when Deprivation of Liberty may be occurring
- Improved their knowledge, understanding and confidence about how to promote personalised safe working practices which minimise the risk of abuse
- Identified the rights of service users in relation to issues around capacity, consent, choice and duty of care
- Improved understanding of how to work co-operatively with all investigators and other safeguarding agencies to ensure best practice
- Please note: attendance to both half days is required.
- Participants must already have a good understanding of safeguarding adults at risk before attending this course
- The Zoom link to access the session will be provided one or two days prior to the event.
- Please note that Zoom does not work with Internet Explorer or Safari and there will be issues with sound or video. An up-to-date browser such as Google Chrome or if you have a windows-based laptop, you can find Microsoft Edge by typing it into the search in the start bar. All LBS staff are set up with compatible Google Chrome laptops.