Caring for Asylum seeking refugees and unaccompanied children
Date & Time:
This course is for foster carers, adopters and Supervising Social Workers. In addition, this course is for Residential Child Care Workers (RCCW) and residential team managers from mainstream, short-breaks and outreach services.
Also relevant for youth workers, education professionals and those in the community voluntary sectors.
- An in depth understanding of the experience of being an unaccompanied asylum seeking or refugee child
- Awareness of the UK asylum seeking process and legal framework
- Understanding of the needs of asylum seeking and refugee children
- Know how to meet the needs of unaccompanied asylum seeking and refugee children more effectively
- Clarity around your own values and beliefs about this client group