Health and Wellbeing For Severely Frail Residents- 22/23
Date & Time:
This course is targeted to staff working within Adult Social Care and commissioned providers within Nursing, Residential and Day Care Services, including Home Carers in the London Borough of Sutton.
The aims of the course are to help professional to develop knowledge and understanding about falls management, manual handling and use of equipment.
By the end of the training participants will understand:
- To understand the overall impact of falls
- To understand the types of falls and common causes for falls
- How to complete a Falls Risk Assessment
- Describe strategies that will reduce risk of falls
- To understand the Falls Pathway for falls management
- What to do if someone has fallen
- Refresh knowledge of safe manual handling techniques