COGNUS VIRTUAL - Countdown to SATs for New Year 6 teachers
Date & Time:
This course is focussed on preparing pupils for the end of KS2 assessments.
A full day workshop focussing on:
- Year 6 SATs preparation for the grammar, punctuation and spelling, reading and mathematics KS2 assessments.
- Analysis of past papers and implications for teaching.
- Signposts to resources and further reading.
This training session is suitable for
- Teachers new to year 6,
- Year 6 teachers who would like to refresh their knowledge,
- Year 5 teachers,
- Teachers who did not attend the 2019 or 2020 year 6 SATs courses.
(This course will be updated but as there is no new test this year it will have implications from previous years.)
The aim of this session is to ensure that year 6 teachers are prepared for the end of year national assessments.
After attending this session, you will be:
- Clearer about what your pupils need to know and understand.
- Have evidence-informed strategies that support pupils to make rapid progress in English and mathematics.