Palliative Care for Carers - 22/23
Date & Time:
This course is for all health care assistants working in nursing residential mental health Learning Disabilities settings and the START Team.
The aim of this course is:
- To gain a better understanding of end of life and palliative care.
- To gain confidence in having end of life conversations.
- To understand the importance of a Good Death
- Understand the need for personal support and know where you can get support
By the end of the training participants will have:
- Understand the difference between end of life and palliative care
- Gain confidence in having difficult communication in relation to end of life planning
- Able to identify someone who is dying
- Able to access support to enable residents to remain within the home to die
- Understand the importance of symptom control