Fire Safety in your home - Keeping the Borough’s Population Safe
Date & Time:
All Health and Social Care staff within the Council, START team and those in the private, Independent and voluntary (PVI) sector who support Sutton residents in residential care, nursing care, home care, personal assistants, and those providing supported living support within the London Borough of Sutton. Sutton housing staff and other professional roles who are in regular contact with vulnerable adults, their families or carers.
Staff Groups A, B, C, D, and E as per the Bournemouth University National Mental Capacity Act Competency Framework.
Level 2 staff and above (ref: NHS Intercollegiate document 2018 - Adult Safeguarding: Roles and Competencies For Healthcare Staff):
The aim is to explain more about the work the London Fire Brigade do to identify vulnerable people and what has been learnt from previous safeguarding adult reviews (SARs). It is also an opportunity to answer questions from partners and discuss future plans for a Community engagement panel.
At the end of the course you will be able to explain:
● What is a home fire safety visit
● When and how to refer a vulnerable adult for a Home Fire Safety Visit
● What to do in the event of a fire in the home or residential care.
● How to use a checklist to identify a person risk
● What is and how to apply a person centred risk assessment
● Our proposals for future partnership and collaborative working to increase referrals and decrease risk