How to build emotional resilience – frontline adults social care staff (LBS and PVI)
Date & Time:
This course is targeted to frontline adults social care staff employed by the London Borough of Sutton and frontline care staff who work in residential or group home settings or domiciliary care supporting Sutton Residents.
The aim of the course is to:
- Help you recognise what resilience and stress really mean, and the triggers in yourself
- Explore where resilience comes from and how we can build emotional resilience in a healthy way to cope with change and manage stress
- Explore a number of practical ways you can further strengthen your resilience whilst dealing with challenges in your role
- Help you reflect on the impact of the pandemic in your particular role;
- Explore how you can identify strengths and weaknesses, and develop stronger resilience in your role and life.
By the end of the course participants will have:
- Improved knowledge and understanding of what resilience is and the characteristics of a resilient person
- Greater awareness of what tests our resilience and why we need to develop it
- Considered how we have already developed our resilience and become self-aware of the triggers that reduce our resilience
- Improved knowledge and understanding of how to manage your mind-set, thought process and how to choose your attitude
- Explored 3 core practices to strengthen resilience
- Define future actions to strengthen your resilience further