Sensory Awareness- 22/23
Date & Time:
This course is targeted to health and social care staff working in Social Care, within Nursing,
Residential and Day Care Services, including Home Carers and those in the Private, Voluntary and Independent Sector that are supporting residents in the London Borough of Sutton.
The aim of this course is to ensure that staff have the awareness required to recognise and address the impact of vision, hearing and dual sensory loss and be able to apply learning in practice.
By the end of workshop participants will have:
- Gained the skill on how to Identify sensory loss
- Gained an understanding of the impact of sensory loss on communication and possible adaptations needed
- Gained knowledge of the impact of sensory loss in assessment and intervention, including as part of a complex presentation
- Gained the ability to consider potential solutions to difficulties associated with sensory loss, sign post and refer to others
- The ability to consider sensory loss as part of a complex presentation
- Greater confidence to consider potential solutions to difficulties associated with sensory loss, sign post and refer to others
- Gained the ability to make reasonable adjustments for people to access
- Gained the skill to check hearing aids and change batteries
- Gained understanding of the perspective