Sensory awareness - virtual
Date & Time:
This course is targeted to London Borough of Sutton staff and other Social Care staff working within Nursing, Residential and Day Care Services, including Home Carers and the Private, Voluntary and Independent Sector, supporting Sutton Residents
The aim of this half day virtual course is to enable attendees to recognise and consider the impact of sensory loss, and be able to apply learning in practice with service users.
By the end of workshop participants will have:
- Gained the ability to identify sensory loss
- Better understanding of the possible impact of sensory loss on communication and daily living
- Gained the perspective of a service user with sensory loss
- Gained knowledge on how to make reasonable adjustments for people to access information or services
- Better understanding of potential interventions and ability to signpost
The Zoom link to access the session will be provided one or two days prior to the event.
Please note that Zoom may not work with Internet Explorer or Safari and there could be issues with sound or video. An up-to-date browser such as Google Chrome or if you have a windows-based laptop, you can find Microsoft Edge by typing it into the search in the start bar. All LBS staff are set up with compatible Google Chrome laptops.