SEND Awareness Training
Date & Time:
This course is for foster carers, adopters and Supervising Social Workers. In addition, this course is for Residential Child Care Workers (RCCW) and residential team managers from mainstream, short-breaks and outreach services.
Also relevant for youth workers, education professionals and those in the community voluntary sectors.
- To understand the Local Authority’s duty under 22 (3A) of The Children’s Act 1989 to promote the educational achievements of Looked after Children
- To understand the new system supporting Children and young people with SEN or Disability (SEND Code of Practice 0-25 years)
- To understand the Education, Health and Care Plan (EHC) needs assessments
- Understand Personal Educational Plans (PEP) and be able to use them to support the child’s personalised learning
- Know the best ways to support ‘Eligible children’ through education and training, as well as encouraging further education or higher education
- To understand the of use of Bursaries