Effective communication with children
Date & Time:
This training is targeted at professionals in direct contact with children who undertake or contribute to risk assessments and multi-agency meetings including social workers, family support workers, foster carers, health professionals, schools, police and others who work with children at risk of abuse, neglect and exploitation.
Group Level 2 (regular contact with children, young people and/or parent/carer) or Level 3 (predominantly working with children) or above (including strategic leads), and NHS Inter-Collegiate Standards 2 and above for health professionals.
The aims of this virtual session is:
• Understand some common difficulties in communication with children and young people
• Understand the importance of working within an anti racist/anti-discriminatory way when engaging people who use services and their families
By the end of the course you will be able to:
• Explain the importance of effective communication
• List key skills, knowledge and characteristics of an effective communicator
• Identify effective ways of communicating with children, young people and their families
• Identify the main barriers to communicating with children, young people and their families