Moving and Handling of People training for Social Workers and Trainee Social Workers (LBS only)
Date & Time:
This course is open to Social Workers and Trainee Social Workers only, employed by the London Borough of Sutton.
It is suitable for those who are actively involved supporting families and service users with impaired mobility.
The delegates will be updated in current moving and handling practice relevant to their work so they can continue to follow safe and effective practice and comply with current relevant legislation and national and local guidance in keeping with their role. This will involve signposting for other services and an introduction to equipment available to maximise mobility and minimise risk
By the end of the course the delegates will have:
- Gained the knowledge of how the current manual handling legislation and safeguarding guidance affects decision making around moving and handling
- Been introduced to a range of equipment available from the CES based on scenarios given by the trainer, and gained the ability to state the criteria for use and potential dangers and state how the equipment can promote independence and well-being.
- Gained the knowledge of where to go for more help and information within the borough and external to the borough when needing further expertise
- Gained knowledge of which techniques are not acceptable by current guidelines of HOP6 and the ability explain their reasoning and how this could result in a safeguarding alert.
- Updated knowledge on innovations and developments in the management of manual handling risk relevant to their role.
Due to Covid-19, to protect all the delegates, we have reduced the number of spaces to 6.
It is also important that all delegates:
- Do Not to come in if not well
- Remember to wash hands regularly
- Practice respiratory hygiene measures
- Maintain social distancing
- Bring own PPE (gloves, masks, aprons and gel)
- Bring own refreshments
All delegates must arrive on time, be able to complete the session and come dressed appropriately for a practical moving and handling course. This includes wearing stable footwear and clothes which will allow them to participate both as a handler and as a model in the session.
NO PARKING is allowed within the Sutton Inclusion Centre grounds. Please allow for additional time to park within roads nearby.