Fostering regulations and National Minimum standards 22/23
Date & Time:
This course is targeted to Foster Carers who work for the London Borough of Sutton.
This course will outline the multiple uses of the National Minimum Standards. They may be used by providers and staff in self-assessment of their services; they provide a basis for the induction and training of staff and carers; they can be used by parents, children and young people as a guide to what they should expect a fostering service to provide and to do as a minimum; and they can provide guidance on what is required when setting up a fostering service.
This course aims to provide foster carers with a greater understanding of the standards and regulations and the ways in which they guide and inform the care they provide to children and young people.
By the end of the session you will:
• Understand the updated regulations and how they link to the standards
• Be able to identify how the standards affect your practice
• Fully understand your professional responsibilities in respect to the regulations and standards
• Be able to identify accountability for key responsibilities under these standards
• Understand how to explain and evidence your practice
• Understand the duties in relation to Staying Put
• Be able to ensure that the systems used are effective and meet the necessary requirements of delegated authority.