Fostering Regulations & National Minimum Standards Refresher
Date & Time:
This course will outline the multiple uses of the National Minimum Standards. They may be used by providers and staff in self-assessment of their services; they provide a basis for the induction and training of staff and carers; they can be used by parents, children and young people as a guide to what they should expect a fostering service to provide and to do as a minimum; and they can provide guidance on what is required when setting up a fostering service.
This course aims to provide foster carers with a greater understanding of the standards and regulations and the ways in which they guide and inform the care they provide to children and young people.
- Understand the updated regulations and how they link to the standards
- Be able to identify how the standards affect your practice
- Fully understand your professional responsibilities in respect to the regulations and standards
- Be able to identify accountability for key responsibilities under these standards
- Understand how to explain and evidence your practice
- Understand the duties in relation to Staying Put
- Be able to ensure that the systems used are effective and meet the necessary requirements of delegated authority