COGNUS VIRTUAL - New to Year 2 Assessments 2023 (not moderation)
Date & Time:
A full day course focussed on:
- subject knowledge and pitch for year 2;
- analysis of past KS1 reading and mathematics tests;
- tips and strategies for teaching writing/ overview of the grammar test;
- Signposts to activities and resources.
This training session is suitable for
- Teachers new to year 2
- Teachers who have not attended recent training.
(This course will be updated with implications from the 2022 KS1 assessments.)
The aim of this session is to ensure that year 2 teachers are prepared for the end of KS1 tests and writing assessments. There will be a separate course on moderation.
After attending this session, you will
- Clearer about what your pupils need to know and understand.
- Have evidence-informed strategies that support pupils to make rapid progress in English and mathematics.