Diabetes Management for Residents in Care Homes for Registered Nurses 22/23
Date & Time:
This course is targeted to registered nurses working in Care Homes within the London Borough of Sutton.
An interactive half-day study session on Diabetes Management for Residents in Care Homes, tailored to meet nurses’ educational needs. It includes a combination of formal teaching and scenario discussions.
By the end of the session participants will have:
• Gained knowledge of the differences between type 1 and type 2 diabetes
• Gained knowledge of the pathophysiology of glycaemic control
• Gained the ability to identify potential causes, signs and symptoms of hypoglycaemia
• Improved knowledge of hypoglycaemia treatments
• Explored ways to manage hypoglycaemia
• Improved knowledge of oral hypoglycaemic agents, injectable therapies and insulin
• Gained knowledge on management of diabetes including blood glucose monitoring and diet
• Explored potential complications residents with diabetes may encounter