Notify me of future occurrences of this event
This course is for all health care assistants working in nursing residential mental health Learning Disabilities settings and the START Team.
The aim of this course is:
· To gain a better understanding of end of life and palliative care.
· To gain confidence in having end of life conversations.
· To understand the importance of a Good Death
· Understand the need for personal support and know where you can get support
By the end of the training participants will have:
· Know the difference between end of life and palliative care
· Gain confidence in having difficult communication in relation to end of life planning
· Able to identify someone who is dying
· Able to access support to enable resident to remain within the home to die
· Understand importance of symptom control
Due to Covid-19, to protect all the delegates, we have reduced the number of spaces.
It is also important that all delegates:
· Do Not to come in if not well
· Remember to wash hands regularly
· Practice respiratory hygiene measures
· Maintain social distancing
· Bring own PPE (gloves, masks, aprons and gel)
· Bring own refreshments
The Care Certificate: Standard 1,5,6 and 7
Call: (SCSP) 0121 569 4800 or (SSAB) 0121 569 5790 or (Cognus) 020 8323 0450