This course is for all health care assistants working in nursing residential mental health Learning Disabilities settings and the START Team.
The aim of this course is:
· To gain a better understanding of end of life and palliative care.
· To gain confidence in having end of life conversations.
· To understand the importance of a Good Death
· Understand the need for personal support and know where you can get support
By the end of the training participants will have:
· Know the difference between end of life and palliative care
· Gain confidence in having difficult communication in relation to end of life planning
· Able to identify someone who is dying
· Able to access support to enable resident to remain within the home to die
· Understand importance of symptom control
Due to Covid-19, to protect all the delegates, we have reduced the number of spaces.
It is also important that all delegates:
· Do Not to come in if not well
· Remember to wash hands regularly
· Practice respiratory hygiene measures
· Maintain social distancing
· Bring own PPE (gloves, masks, aprons and gel)
· Bring own refreshments
The Care Certificate: Standard 1,5,6 and 7
Wendy Bedford,RGN, District Nurse BSc Hons and PG cert in education qualified teacher and a Queens Nurse, Care home support team