Preparing for Adulthood Seminar - Independence
Date & Time:
The target group is professionals working with young people with SEND. This includes: children and adult social care staff, educational settings (early years providers, schools, academies, and colleges), training providers and supported employment services. Schools Nurses, allied health professionals, therapeutic roles, practice leads, commissioned providers and private and voluntary organisations and local employers.
The aim of these seminars is to inform, signpost and inspire professionals working and caring for young
people with SEND in Sutton to achieve aspirational outcomes and hear how you can help to
overcome some of the challenges, delivered over a series of 4 seminars :
• Social Inclusion
At the end of this session participants will have:
• Increased awareness of the four objectives of the SEND Code of Practice 2015
• information on how to support Sutton's young people with with SEND into the paid employment
• been Introduced to key partners whom facilitate supporting young people into paid employment
• Heard from young people directly about the issues that affect them in their journey to paid employment
• Had the opportunity to ask questions about seek answers to questions on this topic.