Moving and Handling People Refresher for Assessment Officers and Home Care Assessors (LBS staff only)-22/23
Date & Time:
Experienced Assessment Officers and Home Care Assessors, employed by The London Borough of Sutton, who are actively involved in the assessment and practical moving and handling of people, advising families and other support staff, using handling equipment, promoting independent transfers and signposting to other relevant services.Delegates must have previously attended a bespoke or one day practical moving and handling of people course or a half day refresher within a two year period.
The delegates will be updated in current moving and handling practice relevant to their work so they can continue to follow safe and effective practice and comply with current relevant legislation, national and local guidance in keeping with their role.
- State how the current manual handling legislation and safeguarding guidance affects decision making around moving and handling
- Demonstrate with confidence the safe use of a range of equipment available from the CES based on scenarios given by the trainer. Delegates must state the criteria for use and potential dangers and state how the equipment can promote independence and well-being
- State where to go for more help and information within the borough and external to the borough when needing further expertise
- State which techniques are not acceptable by current guidelines of HOP6 and explain their reasoning and how this could result in a safeguarding alert
- View any new innovations and developments in the management of manual handling risk relevant to their role.
The course is not suitable for inexperienced staff who have never attended any previous moving and handling training or those who are not involved with clients who require assistance with their transfers.
All delegates must arrive on time, be able to complete the session and come dressed appropriately for a practical moving and handling course. This includes wearing stable footwear and clothes which will allow them to participate both as a handler and as a model in the session.
NO PARKING is allowed within the Sutton Inclusion Centre grounds. Please allow for additional time to park within roads nearby.