Wound Management for Nurses
Date & Time:
This half day study session is for:
- Registered Nurses in Care Homes and Supported Living accommodation within the Private, Voluntary and Independent Sectors within Sutton and those who look after Sutton’s residents and
- Senior carers and registered nurses employed by the London Borough of Sutton, in particular the START Team
The aim of this course is to enable participants:
- to understand the anatomy of the skin
- to Identify different types of wounds
to apply the principles of wound management and optimise any required treatment for the persons in their care.
Due to Covid-19, to protect all the delegates, we have reduced the number of spaces.
It is also important that all delegates:
- Do Not to come in if not well
- Remember to wash hands regularly
- Practice respiratory hygiene measures
- Maintain social distancing
- Bring own PPE (gloves, masks, aprons and gel)
- Bring own refreshments
By the end of training session participants will have:
- Gained greater knowledge to describe the anatomy and physiology of the skin
- Improved their skills and confidence on how to complete a thorough wound assessment
- Gained the ability to describe factors that contribute to wound healing
- Participated to discussion on the application of different types of wound care products in relation to the stage of wound healing
- Developed skills to manage and identify different wounds.