Person centred dementia care-22/23
Date & Time:
This course is targeted to all those working in a care environment where they are supporting service users with Dementia e.g. START Team, Adult Social Care staff, residential care, nursing care, home care, Personal Assistants, and supported living.
To make a positive difference to the person living with dementia and their family carers.
By the end of training session participants will have a greater understanding of:
- The nature of dementia, the various ways in which people might be affected, and how to support people to achieve maximum independence and meet unmet needs.
- The causes of behavioural and psychological symptoms of dementia and how to minimise the impact of these.
- Practical approaches in managing distressed behaviours in dementia.
- Greater understanding of how best to communicate with people with dementia.
- The importance of knowing people with dementia as individuals.
- Managing risk and enabling positive risk taking in dementia care.
- Differential diagnosis and the importance of addressing underlying conditions for people living with dementia.
- To explore the role of carers and the importance of working in partnership.
- Knowledge of the Admiral Nurse Service model and local services to support people living with dementia and their carers.
- Shared knowledge and experiences with people in other care settings.
Please could only one delegate book on as individuals