Contact with birth families - Virtual
Date & Time:
This course is for foster carers, adopters and Supervising Social Workers. In addition, this course is for Residential Child Care Workers (RCCW) and residential team managers from mainstream, short-breaks and outreach services.
Also relevant for youth workers, education professionals and those in the community and voluntary sectors.
Level: beginner / intermediate This course can be adapted to advanced level for skilled practitioners.
This course can be adapted to advanced level for skilled practitioners, meeting the Training, Support and Development Standards as outlined in The Fostering Services (England) Regulations 2011.
1) To look at the aims of contact for looked-after children
2) To explore how carers can develop skills in relation to contact
3) To provide a safe space to discuss experiences and in order to problem solve and support others
4) To enable carers to build effective strategies for dealing with contact difficulties
5) To address contact within an anti-discriminatory framework