Mental Health Awareness
Date & Time:
Target Group / Level
Employees working in Care, Education, Hospital and Community settings and employees who have face-to-face contact with people who have a mental illness.
To Raise Awareness and understanding of mental health.
On completion of the training the learner will be able to:
- Describe what is meant by the terms mental illness and mental health.
- Identify the most common mental health diagnosis.
- Recognise some of the symptoms of the most common mental illnesses.
- List the risk factors that may contribute to the development of a mental health problem.
- Challenge some of the stereotypes and stigma associated with the term mental illness
- Have an awareness of the prevalence rates of mental health difficulties in children and young people
- Develop an awareness of sources of support, help and advice when supporting a person with mental health issues
- Recognise that mental health is everybody’s business and reflect on your role in promoting mental health wellbeing