Safeguarding Adults Making Enquiries - S42 Care Act
Date & Time:
Venue:Sutton Civic Offices, G3, St Nicholas Way, Sutton, SM1 1EA
Adult Social Care Staff within the London Borough of Sutton workforce who are required to make enquiries into allegations or suspicions of abuse, where the “victim” is an adult at risk.
e.g. Managers of Service, Social Workers, Occupational Therapists etc.
Staff Groups B, C and D as per Bournemouth University national Competency framework for Safeguarding Adults.
Note: This is not an awareness session and participants must already have a good understanding of safeguarding adults at risk before attending this course.
The aims of this course are:
- To inform staff on practice in relation to the investigation of abuse of adults at risk
- To update on current practice in safeguarding adults at risk
- To provide an opportunity to share concerns and good practice
By the end of the course attendees will have:
- Improved their understanding of LBS policies and procedures
- Gained knowledge of their statutory safeguarding responsibilities
- Greater understanding what Making Safeguarding Personal means
- Greater understanding of the implications of the Mental Capacity Act
- Developed skills to recognise when Deprivation of Liberty may be occurring
- Improved their knowledge and confidence on how to promote personalised safe working practices which minimise the risk of abuse
- Identified the rights of service users in relation to issues around capacity, consent, choice and duty of care
- Greater understanding of how to work co-operatively with all investigators and other safeguarding agencies to ensure best practice
Trainer:St Thomas Training
Venue Details:Sutton Civic Offices, G3, St Nicholas Way, Sutton, SM1 1EA
(020 8770 5000)