Introduction to Trans Awareness
Date & Time:
Target Group / Level
All practitioners within adults and children's social care. Priority will be given to staff currently supporting trans individuals.
'Introduction to Trans Awareness' is an entry level session that introduces the key information people need to know to support trans colleagues or to work with trans clients or pupils. This course is delivered by Gendered Intelligence, a not-for-profit organisation who work with the trans community, in particular young trans people under the age of 21.
At the end of the session, delegates will have:
- An appreciation of how sex, gender and sexual orientation interact
- Improved understanding of trans identities, terms and language
- A basic grounding in the key laws relating to trans people
- Increased awareness of trans issues and ways to be trans inclusive
- Increased confidence in working with trans colleagues/clients/students
- Information about helpful resources