Record Keeping and effective communication (foster care) - Virtual
Date & Time:
Target Group / Level
All foster carers
The focus of this course is to support foster carers to fully understand the principles that underpin good record keeping, rules of confidentiality and information sharing with professionals. It covers a range of scenarios to help foster carers become more confident in their role and be clearer about what information to record and share with other professionals.
The training is delivered through a mix of knowledge based content and practical exercises.
By the end of the course participants should have an:
• Improved knowledge and understanding about what to record and standards of record keeping
• Improved knowledge and understanding about why, where and how to record information
• Be able to identify what records they are expected to keep
• Improved knowledge and understanding about the importance of safe storage of records.
• Improved knowledge and about the legislation and best practice guidance relating to safe record keeping.
• Improved knowledge and about the rules of confidentiality and information sharing principles.
• Be able to apply record keeping and information sharing principles in the foster care role.
• Be able to communicate effectively with professionals through the provision of written records.