Working Independent mobility assessor
Date & Time:
Practitioners engaged in assessment for blue badge OT and concessionary managers
To provide a refresher on the existing mobility assessments, especially looking at unusual cases such as fluctuating conditions, what to write if the applicant reports a level of pain that does not match the IMAs observations, difficulties with the speed someone walks, different medical conditions and what they mean, how to remain in charge of the interview.
By attending this event, workers will have:
• What are hidden disabilities
• What are the new criteria
• How will applicants, and their families, collect medical information that is relevant
• medical information that is not relevant, “I support the application”
• One criteria is that the applicant “a danger to themselves and others as no road sense-isn’t this true of all toddlers?
• Considerable Psychological distress
• Can the assessment be “Autism friendly”
• Does the applicant need to attend an assessment?
• Is a home visit a good idea-what about physical mobility, is it unfair on them?
• Working with local support groups to ensure the expectations of applicants are realistic