PREVENT (WRAP) Awareness Training: Safeguarding Against Radicalisation and Extremism (Adult Safeguarding)
Date & Time:
Venue:Sutton Civic Offices, G3, St Nicholas Way, Sutton, SM1 1EA
Target Group / Level
Staff Group B, C, and D (predominately working with vulnerable adults as set out in the Safeguarding Adults Competency Framework). NHS Intercollegiate Level 2 and above: all staff that have regular contact with patients, their families or carers, or the public.
This course covers the Statutory Prevent Duty – 1 July 2015, Section 26 of the Counter-Terrorism and Security Act 2015 places a duty on certain bodies to have “due regard to the need to prevent people from being drawn into terrorism”. The Prevent Duty applies to all forms of Extremism. It is designed to embed compliance to the Statutory Prevent duty in everyday business, provide staff training to implement the duty effectively.
Preventing Extremism and Radicalisation Training Schedule for the day:
• Statutory Prevent Duty Awareness
• Recognising Extremism, Radicalisation Processes, Terrorism, How to Safeguard individuals who may be vulnerable to being groomed into extremism and potentially terrorism
• Channel Referrals – Multi-Agency Support
At the end of the course participants will be able to:
• Understand the requirements and responsibilities of the Statutory Prevent Duty
• Understand the factors that can make people vulnerable to being drawn into terrorism and to challenge extremist ideas which are used by terrorist groups and can purport to legitimise terrorism
• Understand how and where early intervention opportunities can be maximised
Booking has now closed for this event.
Venue Details:Sutton Civic Offices, G3, St Nicholas Way, Sutton, SM1 1EA
(020 8770 5000)