Child Protection Awareness Course
Date & Time:
Venue:Sutton Civic Offices, G1B, St Nicholas Way, Sutton, SM1 1EA
Target Group / Level
Group Level 2 (in regular contact with children, young people and/or parent/carer) or Level 3 (predominately working with children) as set out in the Safeguarding Competency framework in London Safeguarding Child Procedures. NHS Inter-Collegiate Standards 2 and 3 for health professionals.
Course Overview/ Aim
The aim of this course is for participants to gain a better understanding about their duties under “Working together to Safeguard Children (HM Government 2018), Information Sharing Advice for Safeguarding Practitioners (2018), London Child Protection Procedures and messages from Serious Case Reviews (SCRs) and other learning reviews.
The focus is on awareness raising in respect of safeguarding responsibilities across the multi-agency partnership, including contributing to strategy meetings, reporting to and attending child protection conferences.
At the end of the course, participants will:
- Be able to identify indicators of risks of harm to respond in accordance with current legislation, statutory guidance and procedures; including specific issues for disabled children and other related groups of children
- Be knowledgeable about how to apply Sutton LSCB threshold criteria at the different levels of intervention and within their professional context
- Understand the reasons for sharing information about children at risk of actual or likely significant harm; and the consequences of not doing so based on learning from SCRs
- Have an improved understanding about the importance of taking into account the voice of the child in all aspects of safeguarding processes
- A better understanding about the importance of partnership working to safeguard children, including requirements around referrals, different types of assessments, contribution to strategy meetings, child protection conferences and other multi-agency meetings
- Gained an understanding about key messages from SCRs to safeguard children and how to access learning from these in the future
- Recognise the importance of the voice of the child in all aspects of safeguarding practice and record keeping.
Trainer:Refocus on Practice
Venue Details:Sutton Civic Offices, G1B, St Nicholas Way, Sutton, SM1 1EA
(020 8770 5000)