Diabetes Management for Residents in Care Homes for Registered Nurses
Date & Time:
Venue:Sutton Civic Offices, G5, St Nicholas Way, Sutton, SM1 1EA
Registered nurses working in Care Homes within the London Borough of Sutton.
This is an interactive half-day study session on Diabetes Management for Residents in Care Homes, tailored to meet nurses’ educational needs.
It includes a combination of formal teaching and scenario discussions.
By the end of the session participants will have:
- gained knowledge of the differences between type 1 and type 2 diabetes
- gained knowledge of the pathophysiology of glycaemic control
- gained the ability to identify potential causes, signs and symptoms of hypoglycaemia
- improved knowledge of hypoglycaemia treatments
- explored ways to manage hypoglycaemia
- improved knowledge of oral hypoglycaemic agents, injectable therapies and insulin
- gained knowledge on management of diabetes including blood glucose monitoring and diet
- explored potential complications residents with diabetes may encounter
Enquiries:Sutton CCG - Jane Hopping
Venue Details:Sutton Civic Offices, G5, St Nicholas Way, Sutton, SM1 1EA
(020 8770 5000)