Positive Dementia Care
Date & Time:
Venue:Sutton Civic Offices, G1B, St Nicholas Way, Sutton, SM1 1EA
Target Group / Level
London Borough of Sutton staff and commissioned contracted CQC Services. This course is suitable for all those working in a care environment where they are supporting service users with Dementia e.g. START Team, Adult Social Care staff, residential care, nursing care, home care, Personal Assistants, and supported living. Places will be made available to the PVI sector when not taken up by LBS staff.
The course focuses on practical ways of working positively with people who have dementia in its various manifestations and stages.
By the end of training session participants will have an understanding of:
• The different stages of Dementia
• The importance of seeing the person and not the Dementia
• Good practise examples of positive dementia care
• Eating and Nutrition for people with dementia
• Practical personal care for people with dementia
• The links between challenging behaviour and dementia
• Practical approaches to managing challenging behaviour
• Managing Aggressive episodes with the ‘soft-approach’
• Validation therapy and how to use it
• The importance of environment and its role in dementia care
• Practical reminiscence approaches and activities
Dementia specific verbal and nonverbal communication techniques Course
Booking has now closed for this event.
Trainer:Social Works Ltd
Venue Details:Sutton Civic Offices, G1B, St Nicholas Way, Sutton, SM1 1EA
(020 8770 5000)