Self Harm Management
Date & Time:
Venue:Sutton Civic Offices, G2, St Nicholas Way, Sutton, SM1 1EA
This training is targeted to practitioners in early help, social workers, family support and adolescent workers, health professionals, schools, voluntary sector and others who are in direct contact with children.
Group Level 2 (regular contact with children, young people and/or parent/carer) or Level 3 (predominately working with children) or above (including strategic leads) as set out in the Competence Still Matters training framework published by the London Safeguarding Children Board. Inter-Collegiate Standards 2 and above for health professionals.
This course aims to provide participants with the knowledge required to identify, assess and support children and young people who self-harm. It also covers statutory requirements, pan-London child protection procedures and local area practice and the application of the LSCB management of self-harm protocol.
By attending this course, participants will have:
- An improved awareness of identification of self-harm and assessment of risk levels with respect to the LSCB threshold for referral and assessment guidance.
- An increased understanding and knowledge of how to manage self-harm based.
- Developed an understanding of coping /distraction strategies and distress tolerance.
- Developed skills and knowledge to complete safety plans for self-harm
- Developed an understanding of what best practice in managing self-harm looks like by sharing case examples.
Thursday 14th March 2019 at 9.30-12.00
Tuesday 14th May 2019 at 9.30-12.00
Venue Details:Sutton Civic Offices, G2, St Nicholas Way, Sutton, SM1 1EA
(020 8770 5000)