Mental Capacity Act Advanced (full day)
Date & Time:
Venue:Sutton Civic Offices, G5, St Nicholas Way, Sutton, SM1 1EA
Staff Groups A, B, C, D, and E as per the National Mental Capacity Act Competency Framework. NHS Intercollegiate Level 2 and above.
Note: This is an advanced session, and participants must have a good understanding of the Mental Capacity Act e g have attended awareness training beforehand.
This training session aims to enable participants to build on their understanding of the Act and how they can make sure it is properly implemented in their own work settings.
By the end of this course, participants will:
- Be able to understand what is required to effectively undertake a Mental Capacity Act assessment
- Have refreshed their knowledge of the provisions of the Act
- Have explored how the 2014 House of Lords report on the implementation of the Mental Capacity Act should affect their own workplaces
- Be able to make links between the Mental Capacity Act and Safeguarding Adults and the Human Rights Act
- Have reviewed and discussed various cases which have come before the Court of Protection
- Be able to apply the judgments of the Court of Protection to similar cases that have arisen, or might arise, in their own work settings
- Have practised carrying out capacity assessments, using the appropriate organisational paperwork and procedures
- Have an awareness of best interest decisions
- Have explored how to make a referral to the IMCA service using the appropriate organisational paperwork and procedures.
- Understand the importance of keeping accurate and appropriate records in relation to all aspects of the Mental Capacity Act
- Have discussed issues of particular relevance to managers, supervisors and experienced front-line staff in provider settings in relation to the Mental Capacity Act
Be able to apply all of their knowledge to everyday situations that they may face at work
Booking has now closed for this event.
Trainer:St Thomas Training
Venue Details:Sutton Civic Offices, G5, St Nicholas Way, Sutton, SM1 1EA
(020 8770 5000)