Online Safety Workshop
Date & Time:
Venue:Sutton Civic Offices, G3, St Nicholas Way, Sutton, SM1 1EA
Target Group / Level
This training is targeted to Group Level 2 (regular contact with children, young people and/or parent/carer) or Level 3 (predominately working with children) or above (including strategic leads) as set out in the Safeguarding Competency framework in London Safeguarding Child Procedures. NHS Inter-Collegiate Standards 2 and 3 for health professionals.
The aim of this course is:
- To examine the benefits and the dangers of the Internet world, including current apps and social media that children and young people are using
- Identify the personal information children are putting out there about themselves and how it is used my Social Media companies.
- Gain an insight into how Sexual predators target children in the online world.
- Find out what resources are out there to help us advise parents to keep their children safe online.
By attending this course, participants will have
- Improved their knowledge about the benefits and dangers of the Internet
- Examine what children are exposed to online
- Gain an improved awareness of what apps and social media children are using
- Improve their understanding about sexual predators on the internet
- Be able to demonstrate an awareness of inappropriate content, “sexting”
- Understand what the law says in relation to the Internet
- Be aware of the support and guidance so we can advise parents and carers.
Trainer:Stephen Welding, Cognus
Venue Details:Sutton Civic Offices, G3, St Nicholas Way, Sutton, SM1 1EA
(020 8770 5000)