Allegations and Complaints for Foster Carers
Date & Time:
This training is for Foster Carers
This course considers the complexities associated with allegations and complaints against foster carers and explores the knowledge and skills required to balance support for foster families with the questioning and analysis required of an investigation.
The course content has been developed with reference to the latest research, legislation, standards and good practice and the delivery of knowledge and skills is designed to take account of a wide range of different learning styles.
- Understand the legislative and regulatory framework for managing complaints and allegations about foster carers’ practice / standards of care
- Identify the risks and vulnerabilities in foster placements
- Understand the impact of allegations and investigations on foster carers and know what suport and information foster carers should have from the fostering service
- Describe the process for managing allegations against foster carers
- Understand the cycle of secondary stress and identify ways of minimising risks in foster care.