Restorative Practice 3 Days
Date & Time:
Venue:The Quad, Green Wrythe Lane, Carshalton,
Target Group / Level
Mandatory training for all permanent practitioners within LBS children's services.
Agency staff, students and partner organisations working with children and families should book to attend the Introduction to Restorative Practice course.
This 3 day training will equip participants with an understanding of the principles and benefits of restorative practice and learn the skills required to facilitate a restorative conference to prevent future conflict, re-build relationships and repair harm.
You must complete all 3 days to pass this course.
The course will enable participants to have a thorough understanding of:
• What is restorative practice?
• The history, theories and evidence-base underlying restorative practice.
• The principles of restorative practice.
• The different models of restorative practice and settings in which restorative practice can be used and how to assess which model is most appropriate.
• The skills required to practice restoratively.
• How to respond to difficult behaviour/conflict.
• How to support individuals involved in a restorative process, including overcoming barriers to participation.
• The considerations and preparation required prior to facilitating a formal restorative process.
• The structure of a restorative conference.
Trainer:Angela Killalea, Principle Social Worker
Venue Details:The Quad, Green Wrythe Lane, Carshalton,
(020 8770 5754)