Infection Control and Prevention Induction
Date & Time:
London Borough of Sutton Staff within the START Team, Sutton Inclusion Centre, Occupational Therapy Team, and commissioned providers within Nursing, Residential, Home Care and Day Care Services.
The Course aims at informing the participants on regulations, procedures, roles and responsibilities relating to the prevention and control of infections.
By the end of training participants will have:
- An understanding of the current legislation, regulatory body standards, local and organisational policies which are relevant to the prevention and control of infection
- Gained the knowledge of employees’ and employer’s roles and responsibilities in relation to the prevention and control of infection
- The ability to describe procedures and systems relevant to the prevention and control of infection
- Gained understanding of the potential impact of an outbreak of infection on the individual and the organisation
- Greater understanding of the process and the importance of carrying out a risk assessments
- Gained knowledge of different types of PPE and the reasons of why to use them
- Gained skills and confidence on correct practice in the application, removal and disposal of PPE
- The ability to describe the key principles of good personal hygiene
- Refreshed a good hand washing technique and the correct sequence for hand washing and understood when and why hand washing should be carried out
Gained the skill to identify the types of products that should be used for hand washing