Gangs and County Lines
Date & Time:
Venue:Sutton Civic Offices, G3, St Nicholas Way, Sutton, SM1 1EA
Target Group / Level
Group Level 2 (regular contact with children, young people and/or parent/carer) or Level 3 (predominately working with children) or above (including strategic leads) as set out in the Competence Still Matters training framework published by the London Safeguarding Children Board. Inter-Collegiate Standards 2 for health professionals.
This one day course is designed to equip the participants with the knowledge and skills required to contribute to or undertake assessments and developing care plans for children and young people who are at risk of, or are actively involved in peer group and gang- related violence. It also explores the risks of being drawn into serious youth violence and organised gangs and provides practical examples of best practice to intervene and disrupt violent activities.
By the end of course participants will :
• Improved knowledge about the signs and indicators of a young person being involved in peer group and gang-related violent activities.
• Explored the types of groups and development a better understanding of the evolvement of gang culture in London.
• Examined best practice approaches to undertaking or contributing to assessments of young people
• Explored the role and responsibilities of social workers and foster carers to contribute to strategy discussions and care planning processes.
• Improved knowledge about ‘what works’ and effective intervention strategies to break away from peer group violence and gang-related involvement
Venue Details:Sutton Civic Offices, G3, St Nicholas Way, Sutton, SM1 1EA
(020 8770 5000)