Foster Care Forum: "LGBT"
Date & Time:
Target Group / Level
This interactive workshop aims to increase the confidence of frontline practitioners when working with a young person who identifies as LGBTQ and to increase conversations with young people around sexuality and gender. The workshop will cover:
- Distinction between sexuality and gender identity
- Sexual orientation and gender spectrums
- Reflective practice exercise on sexuality/gender
- Feedback from report on young LGBTQ people in care
- Top tips from young LGBTQ people
- Videos and case study from LCT service users about why these conversations matter and positive/negative examples of interventions
- Where to go for advice/support
- Practitioners to report an increased confidence in discussing LGBTQ issues with young people.
- Develop a better understanding of some of the terminology around sexuality and gender
- Have an awareness of barriers young people can face in disclosing their sexuality/gender
- Be equipped with top tips when discussing LGBTQ issues in practice and where to go for further support