Missing children multi-agency training for practitioners - Reviewed 2020
Date & Time:
Target Group / Level
This training is targeted to professionals and volunteers at Group Level 2 (in regular contact with children, young people and/or parent/carer) or Level 3 (predominately working with children) as set out in the Safeguarding Competency framework in London Safeguarding Child Procedures. NHS Inter-Collegiate Standards 2 and 3 for health professionals
Please note: Participants are expected to have attended the missing awareness course or already have knowledge about issues that put children and young people at risk of going missing.
Course Overview / Aim
This course aims to provide participants with the knowledge required to undertake or contribute to risk assessments, strategy meetings and care or child protection planning to safeguard children from going missing. The course also address the management of children going missing to help reduce the risk of repeat missing episodes, including looked after children.
By attending this course, participants will have:
- Improved knowledge and understanding about factors that should be taken into account in a risk assessment and safeguarding plan
- Examined their own role in multi-agency partnership working and what is required to work effectively to managing the risks of a child going missing from home or care
- Gained an improved understanding of the role of the police, education and schools and health partners in managing children at risk of going missing
- Improved their understanding about advocacy, return home interviews and how to best engage children and young people in safeguarding processes
- Improved their understanding about engaging parents, extended family or care and friends in the assessment and/or safeguarding planning process
Improved their understanding of statutory requirements, pan-London procedures and the local LSCB Missing children protocol.