Effective communication with children - Virtual
Date & Time:
Recommended to be completed within the first 2 years of approval.
This course is for foster carers, adopters and Supervising Social Workers. In addition, this course is for Residential Child Care Workers (RCCW) and residential team managers from mainstream, short-breaks and outreach services.
Also relevant for youth workers, education professionals and those in the community and voluntary sectors.
- Explain the importance of effective communication
- List key skills, knowledge and characteristics of an effective communicator
- Identify effective ways of communicating with children, young people and their families
- Identify the main barriers to communicating with children, young people and their families
- Understand some common difficulties in communication with children and young people
- Understand the importance of working within an anti racist/anti-discriminatory way when engaging people who use services and their families