Diabetes Management for Residents in Care Homes for Carers
Date & Time:
This course is for Carers:
- Working in Care Homes within the Private, Voluntary and Independent Sectors within Sutton and those who look after Sutton’s residents and for
- Carers employed by the London Borough of Sutton, in particular the START Team
Please note this course is not open to domiciliary/home care providers within the private, independent and voluntary (PVI) sectors.
This is an interactive half-day study session on Diabetes Management for Residents in Care Homes, tailored to meet the carers’ educational needs.
It includes a combination of formal teaching and scenario discussions.
By the end of the session participants will have:
- gained knowledge of the differences between type 1 and type 2 diabetes
- gained a good understanding of the importance of glycaemic control
- gained the ability to identify potential causes, signs and symptoms of hypoglycaemia
- explored ways to manage hypoglycaemia
- improved knowledge of oral hypoglycaemic agents, injectable therapies and insulin
- gained knowledge on management of diabetes
- explored potential complications residents with diabetes may encounter