Diabetes Management for Residents in Care Homes for Carers 22/23
Date & Time:
This course is targeted to carers supporting residents in Care Homes, the START Team and other carers within the London Borough of Sutton.
Please note this course is not open to home care providers within the private, independent and voluntary (PVI) sectors
An interactive half-day study session on Diabetes Management for Residents in Care Homes, tailored to meet the carers’ educational needs. It includes a combination of formal teaching and scenario discussions.
By the end of the session participants will have:
• Gained knowledge of the differences between type 1 and type 2 diabetes
• Gained a good understanding of the importance of glycaemic control
• Gained the ability to identify potential causes, signs and symptoms of hypoglycaemia
• Explored ways to manage hypoglycaemia
• Improved knowledge of oral hypoglycaemic agents, injectable therapies and insulin
• Gained knowledge on management of diabetes
• Explored potential complications residents with diabetes may encounter