Countering Far Right Extremism 22/23
Date & Time:
This course is targeted to Adult Social Care staff within the London Borough of Sutton and Private, Independent and Voluntary (PVI) sector supporting Sutton residents in residential care, nursing care, home care, Personal Assistants, and supported living.
This training is also for professionals in direct contact with children who undertake or contribute to risk assessments and multi-agency meetings including social workers, family support workers, health professionals, schools, police and others who work with children at risk of abuse, neglect and exploitation
Group Level 2 (regular contact with children, young people and/or parent/carer) or Level 3 (predominantly working with children) or above (including strategic leads) as set out in the Safeguarding Competency framework in London Safeguarding Child Procedures. Inter-Collegiate Standards 2 for health professionals.
Staff Groups A, B, C and D as per Bournemouth University National Competency Framework for Safeguarding Adults.
Level 1, Level 2 staff and above (ref: NHS Intercollegiate document 2018 - Adult Safeguarding: Roles and Competencies For Healthcare Staff): All health care staff including, receptionists, administrative staff, caterers, domestic and transport staff, porters, community pharmacist counter staff, peer support workers and maintenance staff, board level executives and non-executives, non-clinical staff working in primary health care settings plus all practitioners who have regular contact with patients, their families or carers, or the public and above.
- Far–right involvement explained & issues they recruit on
- How to have a 121 conversation with people and what people should do before, during
and after the conversation.
- Counter-narratives and engagement techniques for attendees to use at work and at
home as the far-right are increasingly recruiting people from all demographics
- Exit UK engagement tools explained
- Upskill key individuals to counter the far-right through education.
- Train people to engage locally and provide support to people in need
- Assist people to mentor Individuals at a low level away from supporting far-right