Countering Far Right Extremism
Date & Time:
Group Level 2 (regular contact with children, young people and/or parent/carer) or Level 3 (predominantly working with children) or above (including strategic leads) as set out in the Safeguarding Competency framework in London Safeguarding Child Procedures. Inter-Collegiate Standards 2 for health professionals.
Adult Social Care staff within the London Borough of Sutton.
Staff Groups A, B, C, D, E and F as per the Bournemouth University National Mental Capacity Act Competency Framework.
Level 2 staff and above (ref: NHS Intercollegiate document 2018 - Adult Safeguarding: Roles and Competencies For Healthcare Staff): All practitioners who have regular contact with patients, their families or carers, or the public.
- Far – right involvement explained & issues they recruit on
- How to have a 121 conversation with people and what people should do before, during
and after the conversation.
- Counter-narratives and engagement techniques for attendees to use at work and at
home as the far-right are increasingly recruiting people from all demographics
- Exit UK engagement tools explained
- Upskill key individuals to counter the far-right through education.
- Train people to engage locally and provide support to people in need
- Assist people to mentor Individuals at a low level away from supporting far-right