How to build emotional resilience to better support your staff (for managers)
Date & Time:
This course is targeted to adult social care supervisors and managers employed by the London Borough of Sutton or working within residential or group home settings and domiciliary care services supporting Sutton Residents.
The aim of this course is to:
- Help you recognise what resilience and stress really mean and the triggers in yourself and others
- Explore where resilience comes from and how we can build emotional resilience in a healthy way to cope with change and manage stress
- Explore a number of practical ways you can support your staff team to be resilient whilst dealing with challenges in their role and lives.
- Help you reflect on the impact of the pandemic on you and your staff team and define future actions to support and strengthen your staff team.
By the end of the course participants will have:
- Improved knowledge and understanding of what resilience is, why it’s needed and the characteristics of a resilient person
- Greater awareness of what tests our resilience and why we need to develop it
- Considered how we have already developed our resilience and become self-aware of the triggers that reduce our resilience
- Improved knowledge and understanding of how to manage your mind-set, thought process and how to choose your attitude
- Explored 3 core practices to strengthen resilience
- Explored ways to develop mental strength and determination
- Improved knowledge and understanding of how to develop resilience within a team
- Defined future actions for yourself and the team.
Additional notes/Special instructions:
There will be a pre course activity to complete before attending this event.