Moving and Handling People - Refresher for Occupational Therapists (LBS staff only) reviewed 2021-2022
Date & Time:
Qualified Occupational Therapists / Physiotherapists who are employed by the London Borough of Sutton.
To maintain and enhance knowledge and skills and keep updated in current moving and handling practice.
By the end of the session, delegates will have updated their knowledge on how they will:
- Be updated in current documentation for moving and handling within LBS
- Be skilled in using Risk Assessment tools to enable evidence-based practice
- Use a range of equipment commonly prescribed in the Community
- Contribute towards projects and innovations to facilitate cost effective care packages
- and reduced handler care
- Share experiences and ideas to the team
- Discuss complex cases and explore solutions
- Discuss ideas for equipment demonstrations and seminars throughout the year
Additional notes/Special instructions:
The course is not suitable for inexperienced staff who have never attended any previous moving and handling training or those who are not involved with clients who require assistance with their transfers.
Due to Covid-19, to protect all the delegates, we have reduced the number of spaces to 5.
It is also important that all delegates:
All delegates must arrive on time, be able to complete the session and come dressed appropriately for a practical moving and handling course. This includes wearing stable footwear and clothes which will allow them to participate both as a handler and as a model in the session.
NO PARKING is allowed within the Sutton Inclusion Centre grounds. Please allow for additional time to park within roads nearby.