Preparation for appeal and court skills (SEND) - Virtual
Date & Time:
Target Group / Level
The target group is leads across the multi-agency partnership involved in the SEND appeal process, including those who have management and supervision responsibilities.
The aim of this course is to learn from cases that have been subject to an appeal and to help participants develop skills to present written and oral evidence within a judicial process. It covers how to best: prepare robust evidence, present written and oral evidence, and what to expect on the hearing day (s)
It includes practical exercises that are based on cases that have been subject to a tribunal hearing.
By the end of this course participants will have:
• Developed knowledge, skills and confidence to represent you’re their agency in a tribunal hearing.
• An improved understanding about the requirements to provide written evidence to respond to an appeal for a case that they are involved in;
• An improved knowledge and understanding about the SEN legal framework and common areas of legal challenge;
• Improved their skills to provide written responses to legal challenges
• Improved their presentation skills in a Tribunal environment
• Improved understanding about the tribunal hearing process and how to apply principles of best practice to prevent cases escalating to this level.
• Other dispute resolution pathways